Forensic Accounting & Litigation Consulting
Analysis, Interpretation and Effective Communication
LainFaulkner provides a broad spectrum of forensic accounting and litigation services. These areas require the ability to interpret and communicate financial information in a clear and effective manner—often in a court of law. Our professionals draw from their extensive experience in private industry and public practice to collect, evaluate, interpret and communicate complex financial information. Our experienced professionals provide invaluable support throughout the entire process, from the early stages of investigation and fact development to providing clear and compelling expert testimony.
Large or small, every case benefits from our considerable knowledge of the legal process and hands-on shareholder involvement throughout the engagement. We apply our advanced, proprietary software solutions to address the unique requirements of every case.
- Well-versed in many significant aspects of litigation services, from investigative accounting to detailed computation of damages to providing expert witness testimony.
- Staffed for rapid response. We perform well in the high-pressure, dynamic litigation environment. LainFaulkner professionals anticipate requirements and adapt quickly to changing needs.
- Expert in data presentation. We create compelling data graphics, revealing patterns and interrelationships that result in high-impact courtroom presentations.
- Recognized for our objectivity and good judgment. We are well-respected in the legal community for applying the same standards of integrity to every case.
- Committed to excellence. Every document we prepare for a client is reviewed for quality and clarity. Work is assigned to the shareholder with the appropriate level of specific expertise. All of our shareholders have between 20 and 40 years of experience.
Forensic and Litigation services include:
- Expert witness testimony
- Reconstruction of books and records
- Forensic accounting, such as:
- Tracing cash flow information to determine sources and uses of cash
- Search for hidden assets or diversion of funds
- Fraudulent conveyance analysis
- Review propriety of transactions
- Investigation of improper or fraudulent practices and assessment of their financial impact
- Solvency analysis
- Computation of damages or lost profits
- Analysis and compilation of response and remedial costs and other expenses in environmental Superfund litigation
- Court appointed fiduciary such as receiver, disbursing agent or trustee
- Class action claim resolution and distribution
- Defense of preference actions